Unwelcomed!

Coming to Seoul used to be the most awaited biz trip for me. But not this time.
Since I know I might need to come here, I was already reluctant to come. And was saved by a meeting in AD. But then, last minute changes, I have to attend both. They will push the meeting in Seoul to Friday so that I can fly in after my meeting in AD. I was quite furious. Unfortunately, that's what we call as 'duty calls'.
Deciding which flight to take was another challenge. I had 2 options; to fly out of AD at night or in the morning. The trick is I'll arrive in Seoul morning or night respectively. Knowing how my body would react if  I travel out in the morning and arrive at night, I decided to go for fly out at night and arrive in the morning.
Bad decision.
The flight was full. Totally full. No space to even move.
Hence I store my laptop bag carefully underneath the seat in front of me.
I was unable to sleep until 2am AD time which is 6am Korean time. Bad enough. When I finally able to relax and sleep for like 5 minutes I felt my neighbor to the left starterd to touching my legs. WTF??!!
Then I realized that he spilled some water. At that time I didn't realized what kind of water. I bend down to take my laptop bag away from the water when I suddenly smelt the beer. DANNGGG!!!!
My bag was soaked with beer. One whole can of it. How can he actually drop the whole can ACCIDENTLY?!!
I became really angry. If it's plain water or tea or even coffee I can tolerate. But we're talking about beer with that stinking smell. YUCKS!!!
That guy just stood there doing nothing. I asked him nicely "How do think I can clean this?"
Ignoring my question he just shoved me back to my seat.
I refused. I want to know how to clean it up. I'm not gonna carry the bag soaked with beer smell. The smell (or even the stain) could have transferred to my clothes. And I (most probably) would wear this clothes for prayer (you see... when travelling u'll tend to travel as light as possible. so, not going to bring a lot of clothes)
Then one of the cabin crew came. She understood my concern as she is also Muslim. I appreciate her help trying to wipe off the stain and put on some perfume to make the smell go away. While waiting for her to do that, one stupid big head cabin crew who was not even on duty suddenly came to me asking me not to be rude to this Muslim cabin crew. AND WHEN DID I BECAME RUDE AGAIN??? She was saying that the bag can easily be cleaned if I just send to any dry cleaners and dry cleaners in Korea are pretty fast in service. <-We'll see about this point by this stupid and arrogant Korean.
I became angry again. I was upset. I had enough stress. You are NOT on duty. Why do you care anyway?! It's easy for you to say since you can actually bathe with beer and go without having a religious concern. Who are you to ask me to talk nicely since "it's just an accident that can be happened to anyone"???!!!
Do you know that the guy didn't even say sorry to me? STUPID OFF DUTY KOREAN STEWARDESS!!!!
I was a little bit calm when the Muslim cabin crew brought me away from that stupid girl.
Upon arrival I asked that guy how does he planned to pay for the damage. And he was like "What do you want from me?" WTH!!!! You destroyed my bag for God sake!
He said "Ok. Let's meet outside". Once landed, he went out of the plane and shoot, I don't know where he went. ANOTHER STUPID KOREAN GUY!
I went through passport control, took my luggage from the carousel and waited. Spotted him waiting for his bag. I approached him and again asked what's his plan to pay for the damage. He just asked what I want. Since the only thing I know is to send the bag for cleaning in the hotel, I told him I'm going to stay in 'this' hotel. I don't know how much they will charge for the cleaning. He gave me 20USD and walked away. I had no choice but to try to find a solution with 20(stupid) USD.
I went into the hotel. Called up the laundry services. And they said they don't do bag cleaning. I"M ABOUT TO SHOUT WHAT ABOUT 'WE KOREAN SURE CAN DO THESE THING VERY FAST'??!!!! I swear to God if I ever see that STUPID KOREAN CABIN CREW again I will make her life as difficult as I can.
Now, I'm stuck with a smelly beer soaked laptop bag.
Hopefully tomorrow will be much better for me.

2 comments: