MAS Re-Routing

Read this from Malaysians in UAE FB Page:

Malaysia Airlines (MAS), which will be relocating its headquarters (HQ) from Subang to KL International Airport (KLIA) in February next year, will cut several routes including those to Dubai, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires and Cape Town, in a bid to reduce costs, sources said. MAS is currently conducting a review of its entire route network and sources claimed that there would be more route cuts.




Then, this morning, after the 6 hours flight from KL to Dubai, I met one of the MAS Officer who happened to be flying in the same flight as me back and forth. He casually asked me how many Malaysians are there in Abu Dhabi. Well.. to be honest.. I don't know the exact figure. But I do have a feeling it reaches at least 1000 (Aren't we?)

Anyway, he then mentioned that MAS will be moving to Abu Dhabi. Which means, MAS will stop its route to Dubai and re-route it to Abu Dhabi instead. Which means, we, in Abu Dhabi, will be having a second option for a non-stop flight to KL without having to go to Dubai.

Ngeh ngeh...

Nota kaki: Flight malam tadi was my first flight that was handled 100% by MALE Cabin Crew. Interesting.. Should I be flying with MAS more often because of this? Ehek..

2 comments: