Beijing Travel-log ~ Day 4

Last day for me.

And today, it's all about shopping. Starting with the Jewelry City to the cheap market.

In Jewelry City, there's one manager who is Malaysian Chinese. He's quite excited meeting the noisy us. Started to tell stories "Beijing - Behind the Scene" that was not so nice to hear, but good to know...  hehhehe...
He gave us a good deal on the young jade bangles, necklace and bracelet. Each one of us bought one set since it's kind of cheap compare to the Jade Museum. And he also gave us a jade pendant as a gift. Xie xie...

Outside the shop there's a small souvenir shop. More like stall for me. Cheap and cute panda!!!! Here, we manage to get 3 fridge magnet for 10yuan without bargaining. So, note to future travelers. Don't bother to bargain at the Silk Street for standard souvenir like key-chain or fridge magnet. Wait till you come here.

Next was to Knife Shop. They demo a set of knives on the usual how good it is. How sharp it is. And all sort of things. If you like it, buy it. Coz I do think it''s cheap. Just that it's kind of bulky. And today is the last day. Which means our bags are already full with things..

Then one of the cheap clothes market. The quality of goods are not excellent but acceptable. Since the shopkeeper are nice, we prefer to shop here than the Silk Street (10 kali dah aku sebut on how rude they are). Beside the clothes market, there's a big shopping mall that reminds me of Pavillion in KL. It feels so good to be in the mall even though we didn't buy anything.

One thing really good about this mall is the toilet. SO COMFY!!!!! I actually entered twice. hahhaha... Not just me ok.. Sarah pun... There's a fountain in the middle which attracts our attention. Then off to ColdStone for a nice ice cream in the cold.




I was always on the phone coz my colleague in AD started calling asking for cost of a certain things. And I had to check with my counterpart in Beijing coz I know he will be in the office. Then my counterpart invited me to the office coz he wanted to introduce me to the other team members. And Max didn't want to let me go. Hence the calling calling incident.

I was sent off to airport by Max's friend at 9pm. Feeling really scared watching all those army while checking in. Then feel really great when Etihad upgraded my seat to Business Class. Alhamdulillah.

Will tell you short stories on what happened in Beijing in another post... 

No comments:

Post a Comment